Monday, May 14, 2012

Kecskemét: Hungary Day 10

Today we said goodbye to our Hotel in Budapest and traveled to Kecskemét.  We observed a 5th, 7th, and university level solfa classes at the Kodaly Institute.   The town here is beautiful. Unfortunately it is cold and rainy today so we didn't take many pictures of this quaint town. Our hotel is great. I love it here.  I've said at least 3 different times how, "When Brett and I come back here in 500 years when we're rich...."  we'll have to do this or that. We had a fantastic dinner and had dessert at a delicious pastry shop.  After we did a little shopping and are hoping to get some more done tomorrow before we travel to Debrecen.  The best part about Kecskemét?  Hardly anyone speaks English... so we get to really practice our Hungarian OR really our pantomime. But it's fun nonetheless.  Tonight I learned how to say "Plus 300" or should I say "plusz háromszáz."  I needed to tell our waiter how much of a tip to add to my bill.  What a day!

p.s. I may not have internet for the next three nights.  :( Sad times.  But I will continue to make a word blog at least so I can easily catch everyone up when I get internet again Friday night.



Hungarian Concept of Cool? Funny.

A yellow Gerber Daisy was our centerpiece.
I loved it.

Pastries and Gelato.  


Video of the Day:
Karissa and I can't stop singing this song.  


No comments: