Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hello Lady: Hungary Day 4

Today was a long long day.  So this is going to be short.

We left for Castle Hill this morning and spent some more time at the Institute for musicology with Katalin.  We learned about children's games and it was awesome.  After that we rushed over to the Béla Bartók  Conservatory to observe two piano lessons and a Solfege & Harmony class.  Those kids were TALENTED.  Honestly, I feel like a shame now.  These 11th graders were doing things I can hardly do.  WOW.  We met Lencsi, a good friend of Dr. Jaccard's and an amazing teacher.  She took us to the Opera tonight to see Madame Butterfly.  It was superb.

Some great quotes for today:
"I want my hair to be as long as the River Danub!" -Katalin
"I feel myself like a goose... a boy goose."  -Katalin
"Hello ladies... Hello lady." -Waiter
"Thank you so much please." -Waiter

Side note- Our new favorite game is to hold onto the railing on the escalator all the way from the bottom to top without letting go.  It's really fun.









No comments: