Friday, May 8, 2015

You Don't Know You're Beautiful

I just wanted to share a sweet little experience Brett and I had.

I was preparing a Bridal Shower game for a best friend.  It's the one where you ask the groom a bunch of questions and the bride has to guess what the groom would answer.  Brett and I were having a fun time asking each other the questions and seeing how well we could guess what the other would say. 

Then we got to the question, "What would you say is Katie's best physical feature?" 

Brett promptly replies, "Your nose."

I laugh, "You're just saying that because you know how insecure I am about my nose."

"No.  I didn't even know that.  I just love your nose.  It's what I always noticed when you'd send pictures while I was on the mission. That little crinkle when you smile that's right in your nose."

Then I just tear up.

Really?  My big old Golding nose?  It's the one thing I had always said I wish I could change and here is my sweet husband telling me it's his favorite part about me.

How many things in life are like that?  Our biggest insecurities are actually what people love most about us. The next time I have a negative thought about myself, I will always remember this experience.

No comments: